Human PTH ELISA Kit
This test kit is intended for use in the quantitative determination of human intact parathyroid hormone (PTH) in EDTA-plasma. The test is useful for detecting elevated and deficient PTH levels. It is for research use only.
Indications for use
Patient may have a higher than normal levels of PTH with
- Hypercalcemia, Hypophosphatemia
- Primary Hyperparathyroidism (adenoma, hyperplasia, malignancy)
- Secondary Hyperparathyroidism (Vitamin D deficiency, kidney insufficiency, malabsorption-syndrome, pseudohyperparathyroidism)
Patient may have a lower than normal levels of PTH with
- High doses of vitamin-D
- Hypercalcemia of malignancy
- Morbus Boeck (Sarcoidosis)
Parathyroid hormone PTH is a 84 amino acid polypeptide with an approximate molecular weight of 9500 Dalton. PTH is the most important endocrine regulator of calcium and phosphorus concentration in extracellular fluid. This hormone is secreted from cells of the parathyroid glands and finds its major target cells in bone and kidney.
Tests Per Kit
Sensitivity / LLOD
Total Incubation Time
0.77 pg /mL
0 - 1215 pg/mL
3 hours, 20 minutes
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostics procedures.